As I sit here with all of this warm weather, (SERIOUSLY? 70 degrees in DECEMBER?) I have decided that it would be a perfect evening to enjoy a glass of wine outside and embrace the few hours of daylight we have left. And to add to that, my wine of choice for the night would be the new Hoosier Red I got at the Mystique Winery and Vineyard grand opening event last month!
Never heard of them? WELL…. Let me telllllll you, they are awesome!
Mystique Winery is a new vineyard, winery, and tasting room that recently opened in my small hometown of Lynnville, IN. Never heard of it? (Trust me, it exists.)
How cool right?! I was extremely excited to learn that we now had a winery in my hometown!
Mystique Winery is a family venture that started as a dream back in 2008 by the Clutter family with the first planting of vines in 2009 consisting of Niagra, Steuben, Vignoles, and Chambourcin grapes.
(DidYouKnow: It takes 3 years to get a crop off of a vine. Talk about needing to have patience!)
It has been a long journey for the Clutters, but through hard work and dedication, Mystique Winery & Vineyard has finally become a reality.
A couple facts about Mystique Winery:
- It is Warrick County’s first winery nestled on the knobs of Lynnville, Indiana.
- They’re also a part of the Hoosier Wine Trail.
- They have a Mardi Gras themed tasting room that is perfect for visiting with friends and enjoying Mystique’s southern Indiana hospitality. (To learn more about why they chose a Mardi Gras theme, check out the article on them from the Evansville Courier and Press.)
- They have outdoor seating and a fire pit – this would be perfect for my evening scenario I mentioned at the beginning! (If only I was in southern Indiana right now…)
- Fact: They have great wine!
Their Grand Opening was on November 17, 2012 and it was a HUGE success! Owner Patti Clutter said, “It was an awesome day and we were so in awe of the support from Warrick County, family and friends. We had over 25 worker bees that worked their tails off all day and the parking attendants said we had over 1200 people and possibly a lot more!”
They had activities all day starting at 11a.m. and were busy even past dark! It was a great time and I definitely want to back! Due to other obligations that day, I didn’t make it until around 4p.m. but it was still a blast! I did miss the Honey Vines who they had perform, but I heard they were AWESOME! I ended up purchasing their Christmas CD so I still got a little taste of their music.
I tried several of their wines and they even had wine slushies! (To. Die. For!) Here were a few of my favorite wines:
By the end of the evening, my family stopped by too so it ended up being a fun family outing!
I want to send out a personal congratulation to Mystique Winery and Vineyards and the whole Clutter family for a GREAT JOB WELL DONE on opening their Winery!
Next time, I definitely have to get one of their T-shirts!